Thursday 30 March 2017

Night Lights

A silent night, the strange sounds of nocturnal creatures, an all engulfing darkness. Far far away I see some lights twinkling, from houses built in the heart of the mountain ranges...
The steady droll of insects,  flickering lights, silhouette of the mountains, a deafening silence... and me.

My eyes move up to the sky and I see a captivating sight. Scores of stars are staring down at me. The sky looks like it is lit up by innumerable glitters and is spread like a mat above or as if lanterns are hanging from nowhere. I spot the North Star, the Jupiter, Mars and a few constellations in the of midst cluster of stars. I feel like I have lost myself in the heavenly light.

And when I look upon the lights on earth, it seems like the stars have touched the mountains below, embracing them in the silent stillness of the night.  And I stand still, soaking in the harmony and beauty of this wonderful sight...😊
Khajjiar,Himachal Pradesh

No comments:

Post a Comment