Friday 6 December 2013

Apple of someone's eye

A silhouette against the rapidly darkening evening sky, on two black pipes, almost parallel to the Ghy Stadium Fly over, suddenly attracted my attention. When I closely looked at the figure, I saw a little boy, making an effort to take bath from the water oozing out of a break in a pipe. In a fleeting moment my mind replaced the little boy with the image of my son…..and my heart missed a beat. My son, apple of my eye… the little boy, apple of someone’s eye… I couldn't imagine my little one taking such a risk (a mere slip from the pipe would lead to a fatal accident) for a simple daily routine. The mother of the child may have the same fears…. I couldn't help the child…. as I drove down the fly over, I uttered a silent prayer for his well being. ~ the little apple of someone’s eye. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment